There’s a lot that can happen in 4 weeks – my nails would have grown, diet choices can start to show results and goals could have been reached. I have spent the last 4 weeks trying to change my hair, with the goal at the end to have thicker hair. My number one hair concern, is that despite having ‘a lot of it’, it’s thin. When dirty, it becomes flat. When I try to tie it into a pony tail, I could use the thinnest of hair ties and it resembled that of a Grade 2 Sports Day. So, I took the problem into my own hands and with the help of L’Oreal Paris Elvive Fibralogy Thickening Shampoo, Conditioner and the award winning Thickening Serum, I’ve got thicker feeling and looking hair that lends itself easily to thick pony tails, big blow dries and thick round curls that stay in place. I’ve discovered a few tips along the way, noticed a few new styles that I haven’t worn in ages and have a new secret weapon that doesn’t leave my bathroom draw – if only the diet I started 4 weeks ago had such amazing results, yet ‘thicker’ was the aim for my hair and not for my thighs. And if I didn’t bite my nails the entire way through, I could be running them through my thick hair, but one goal at a time. If you want to join the Fibralogy Circle, visit: www.thickerhair.com.au and you’ll understand exactly what I’m talking about…
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HAIR LOOK THICKER WITH THE ULTIMATE BLOW DRY:
1. When in the shower, use the L’Oreal Paris Elvive Fibralogy Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. While rinsing out the conditioner, use a Tangle Teazer to not only ensure all knots are out, but that the conditioner has gone right through your hair.
2. After towel drying your hair, apply a small amount of the Fibralogy Thickening Serum throughout your hair – brush through with Tangle Teazer.
3. Tip head upside down and dry from underneath with your hair dryer. Run your fingers through your hair to keep it all moving and make sure that your hair knows that the only way it UP.
4. Once enough blood has run to your head and you’re feeling slightly light-headed, flip your hair around and use your fingers to dry the top half. Make sure you part your hair in all different directions!
5. Once your hair is almost dry and most likely, quite big, grab a brush. I use a windsor brush, yet you may like to use a round blow dry brush. Find your desired part, then start smoothing the hair with the brush and hair dryer in those places. Make sure you dry close to the root and pull the hair up as you dry – if you pull down, you’ll flatten your hair.
6. Now that the roots have been dried up and your part has been blown into place, grab a straightening iron to set. Grab sections of your hair and turn your wrist with the straightener at the top of a section into a curl, by twisting in a downward motion. (For help, check out a tutorial here).
7. Seal any fly-away pieces down with the L’Oreal Elvive Thickening Serum, using only a tiny drop through the ends and on the pieces that frame your face.
8. Turn your head upside down to spray with hair spray, then flick your head over and spray the hair as you’re facing the sky.
9. Final fix up with fingers and you’re ready to go!
3 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR HAIR LOOK THICKER IN 2 MINUTES:
1. Change your part. If you’ve only got a few minutes to change the look of your hair and add some volume, part your hair on the other side or in the middle of your head. All that work you did earlier will have the reverse effect on the other side and make the style look different and add a bit of a lift to that old look.
2. Pin the middle. All you need is 2 bobby pins and 2 minutes. Grab the front section of your hair, measuring from the middle of your eyes. Grab that section and brush (even with your fingers) it upwards, pretending you’re going to tie it into a pony tail. Hold that section back and use each bobby pin to clip it back on either side of the piece of hair, making an ‘X’ with the pins. Pull the section up a fraction (giving a lift) and shake the rest of your hair out – done!
3. Put it all to one side. You’ll see girls doing this across the duration of the work day or night, as it changes the look of your hair and keeps it all feeling fresh and messy. Putting your hair all to one side will make that entire section look thick and full – securing it with a few bobby pins (at the bottom of the head) will keep it over to one side and give a glam, thick style that you can do on a bathroom break.
Despite finding all these tricks along the way, my thicker hair is certainly no illusion. The actual hair strand FEELS thicker, which is probably the secret ingredient, filloxane, which has been working on my hair from the inside this entire time. And of course, the best way to find out if your hair is thicker is not only through all the compliments you’ll surely be receiving, but from your hairdresser’s comments. Thankfully, when I went in (reluctantly) for my trim this week, I heard ‘oh your hair is great – it feels much better!’ which was absolute music to my ears. She didn’t seem to notice that I had attempted to paint my bitten nails or lost a bit of weight thanks to saying ‘no’ to McDonalds recently, so I was at least really happy with the hair compliment.
You’ll be happy to hear, that it’s only $5.95 for L’Oreal Paris Elvive Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner and $9.95 for the Fibralogy Double Serum – an absolute steal for what it does to your hair. You can purchase it at any major retailer, or here: http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/category.asp?id=858&page=2. If you want to join the Fibralogy Circle, visit: www.thickerhair.com.au and enter your details to receive an exclusive discount – in less than the 4 weeks I used it for, you’ll start to see the amazing results. And once you see results with your hair, you should stick to not biting your nails or that diet…